Labfront’s 2022: A Year of Innovation and Collaboration
Happy New Year! As we leave 2022 behind and welcome the new year, we'd like to take a moment to reflect on the past 12 months and all that we've achieved at Labfront. It's been a busy and productive year, and we're thrilled to share some of our highlights with you. From new features to key partnerships and initiatives, there's a lot to celebrate.
Before diving in, we’d like to thank all of our customers for trusting Labfront and choosing us to support their research.
Now let's take a look back at 2022 and the opportunities that lie ahead in 2023.
New Features and Initiatives
- The rollout of Labfront 2 brought new features like push notifications and live editing to make projects more dynamic. Researchers can now update protocols on the fly based on the data and communicate directly with participants.
- Labfront’s student research grant initiatives were created to help up-and-coming researchers accomplish their study goals. We were so impressed with the quality and breadth of our summer and fall grant applicants.
- We also announced our Women's Health Initiative, which will support 100 projects focusing on women's health with $100,000 in in-kind resources over the next decade.
Partnerships and Recognition
- Medical Daily and Entrepreneur identified us as a leader in the digital biomarkers field.
- We entered into an official collaboration with global device leader Garmin, allowing us to expand the benefits of collecting and analyzing data from wearables more efficiently.
- Our partnership with the American Physiological Society also began, serving the needs of APS members through funding support and exclusive discounts on research tools.
Groundbreaking Projects and Resources
- We had the opportunity to support a variety of exciting projects covering topics such as meditation, Long Covid, depression, and diabetes.
- Labfront Academy was launched as a resource for researchers interested in digital biomarkers and wearable technology that includes articles and video courses like Dr. Ahn's highly-regarded Heart Rate Variability master class.
What's Coming in 2023
- We will release our actigraphy (sleep/wake) report, which was created so that consumer wearables could replicate the results of medical-grade actigraphic devices at a fraction of the cost. You can check out our series of experiments in our Actigraphy Collection.
- We’re working on adding support for new wearable devices, including blood pressure monitors, blood glucose monitors, ECGs, EEGs, and 9-axis IMU sensors.
- We also plan to focus more on data visualization, analytics reports, and integrations with your favorite tools!
We’re grateful for your support and feedback throughout the past year. We look forward to continuing to hear from you in 2023, and can't wait to share our new projects with you!
Posts from the team behind Labfront, presented by Luna, the Labfront Shiba Inu.