2023 has been a big year for us at Labfront! We didn't just grow; we evolved. We've added some new device integrations and really listened to what our users wanted, improving our platform to make it even better. Plus, we ramped up our research support programs. It's all part of our ongoing commitment to push the boundaries in health research technology.
Expanding Our Device Portfolio
We added two new device integrations, further enhancing our high-quality physiological data collection capabilities:
- Dexcom: With this collaboration, researchers studying everything from metabolic health to lifestyle can now easily access and analyze blood glucose data through Labfront.
- Movesense: The integration of Movesense devices brought in advanced motion (9-axis IMU) and medically-certified ECG sensor data.
User-Inspired Product Enhancements
Your feedback was a catalyst in our product development this year, leading to several key updates, including:
- Collaborator Feature: Facilitating efficient collaboration and secure data sharing among research teams.
- Scheduled Task Reminders: Improving participant compliance with scheduled alerts.
- Improved Data Download: Offering more flexible download options, including customizable participant and date range selections.
Amplifying Our Impact
Broadening Our Impact-Focused Grant Program
Building on last year's success, we collaborated with Garmin Health to launch two new research grants in 2023 to support important but overlooked areas of research:
Launching the Human Science Podcast
2023 also saw us venturing into new territory with the launch of our Human Science podcast, aiming to bring you the stories behind the research. We’ve had some incredible guests so far, including author and professor Dr. Laura Huang (have a listen below). Find us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Research Collaborator Program
Driven by our dedication to health researchers, we created a free research collaborator program that offers a wide range of benefits to help support your projects. These include:
- Discounts and dedicated grants
- Digital biomarkers guidance from our experts
- Tailored webinars
- Access to our device loaner program
Spotlight on Research: Project Cheria
There are a lot of projects to choose from, but Project Cheria, our collaboration with ThoughtFull, stands out as a highlight this year. The study explored the integration of digital mental health interventions (DMHIs) with physiological data. The results were promising, showing a 37% reduction in depressive symptoms among the intervention group compared with the control.
Celebrating Labfront's Achievements
This year also brought us some notable recognition:
- Featured in Science Times for enhancing health research accessibility.
- Selected and highlighted in MassChallenge Human Potential Cohort of 2023.
- Named a finalist in the Garmin Health Awards and the RESOLVE '24 MassChallenge Awards.
Your support has been vital to our success this year. We're grateful for the progress we've made and excited to keep this momentum going. Stay tuned for more updates from Labfront in 2024!